About chemotherapy and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
- Can be good at killing cancer cells
- Often an important part of CLL treatment plans
- Can be given as 1 drug or a combination of drugs
How it works
- Attacks cancer cells that are actively growing
- Also attacks actively growing healthy cells in the body, which can cause side effects
Some common chemotherapy side effects
- Hair loss
- Mouth sores
- Low blood cell counts
Other serious, side effects can occur. Be sure to talk to your doctor about all of the side effects that are possible.
This information does not take the place of talking with your doctor. Discuss with your doctor any questions you have about your medical condition or your treatment.