Goals of Treatment for NHL
You may just be starting treatment for your non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). Or you may need treatment again because the disease has advanced (relapse). But whether or not you've been treated before, some goals of treatment are to:
- Relieve symptoms
- Keep the disease from advancing
- Get the disease into remission
There are many treatment options for NHL. The right treatment for you depends on a number of factors. These include:
- The type of NHL—indolent or aggressive
- The stage of NHL—how much NHL there is and where it is in your body
- Your personal characteristics—such as age and overall health
Keep in mind: Treatments may vary from patient to patient. And it is important to understand what options are available and to discuss your treatment goals with your doctor.
After follicular NHL goes into partial or complete remission following initial treatment with RITUXAN plus chemotherapy, RITUXAN maintenance therapy may help keep the disease from advancing. To learn more, click here.