Keep Follicular NHL From Advancing With Maintenance Therapy
After follicular NHL goes into partial or complete remission following initial treatment with RITUXAN plus chemotherapy, RITUXAN maintenance therapy may help keep the disease from advancing.
For 78% of patients who received RITUXAN Maintenance Therapy in a study,their follicular NHL had not advanced after 2 years (compared with 62% of patients who received no additional treatment).
Keep in mind: Remission can be partial or complete. Partial remission means the cancer is significantly improved, but evidence of the cancer remains. Complete remission means all evidence of the cancer is gone for a period of time.
How RITUXAN maintenance therapy is given
- After responding to initial treatment with RITUXAN plus CHOP, CVP, or FCM chemotherapy
- You receive RITUXAN by itself
- Every 2 months for up to 2 years
The PRIMA study
- Average patient age was 57 in patients receiving RITUXAN and 56 in patients receiving no further treatment
- 90% of patients were in the later stages of disease
- Almost all patients had the ability to function in activities of daily living that included light or sedentary work
- After initial treatment with RITUXAN plus chemotherapy, 505 patients received RITUXAN maintenance therapy, and 513 patients did not receive further treatment
Important treatment considerations
- In patients who received RITUXAN maintenance therapy following a response to initial treatment with RITUXAN along with chemotherapy, the most common severe side effects included infections and low white blood cell count. The most common side effect observed was infections
- Please talk to your doctor about the potential benefits and risks of RITUXAN maintenance therapy